Manufacturing & High Tech
Mesquite offers unparalleled advantages to manufacturers who are located here. Just ask the legacy companies that have been growing in Mesquite for 40, 50 and even 60-plus years as they have benefited from our ideal access to supplies and customers as well as a talented workforce (that is growing by leaps and bounds in the eastern DFW region).
Our community boasts more than its share of global manufacturing giants who have chosen Mesquite as their place to thrive, including:
- PepsiCo / 650 employees: Largest North American bottling plant
- Morrison Products / 460 employees: Metal motor components
- Orora Visual/ 400 employees: North American HQ design, print and packaging
- Ashley Furniture Industries / 650 employees: Southwest regional distribution, warehousing and manufacturing
- Fritz Industries / 350 employees: Custom manufacturing biochemistry
- Iris USA / 200 employees: Innovative quality plastics manufacturing
- Strukmyer Medical / 90 employees: Specialty medical products
Location & Transportation
And did we mention the benefits
of Mesquite’s location? Our manufacturers are situated at the crossroads of
IH-635, IH-30, IH-20 and US Hwy. 80 and have the advantage of being mere
minutes from Mesquite’s Union Pacific Railroad Intermodal Hub and about 35 minutes to DFW International Airport, 25 minutes to Love Field Airport, and easy access to our own local Mesquite Metro Airport.
We know that a continuum of skilled workforce talent is crucial to our
manufacturers. That’s why our Mesquite development partners concentrate on education-industry
partnerships that define, develop and deliver the employees manufacturers need
to innovate and grow.
- Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas has a Mesquite center in the heart of the city ready to assist with workforce training, workforce education and a broad range of programs to assist with workforce needs.
- Eastfield College partners with Mesquite manufacturers to provide flexible, customized workforce training skills grants, certifications and associate degree programs that advance manufacturing operations and production capacity. Eastfield also provides core engineering courses and seamless university partnerships with University of North Texas, Texas A&M University Commerce/College Station and University of Texas at Dallas.
- Mesquite ISD Career Technology Education prepares our high school graduates to be work-ready with a curriculum that offers engineering, design, technology and
research experience to students.
The Real Advantages of locating in Mesquite are at the heart of what makes companies successful. Between our ideal logistical and transit access to the quality workforce, competitive tax climate and quality of life, Mesquite offers world-class advantages to world-class operations on a daily basis.