Distribution & Logistics
Coast to coast, metro to metro, Mesquite commerce is connected to the globe. IH-30 and IH-20 run through the northern and southern sectors of Mesquite, adjoined by the IH-635 loop, providing Mesquite logistics companies quick access to every major freeway surrounding the DFW metro and to the US Interstate highway system.
Mesquite’s largest distribution, logistics and supply chain operations represent diverse industries and are a testament to the excellent logistical advantage, quality workforce, competitive tax climate and quality of life that can be realized by locating in Mesquite.
- United Parcel Services – Fortune #48 – 2,300 employees
- Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. – Fortune #143 Southwest Regional Distribution, Warehousing and Manufacturing plant – 650 employees
- FedEx Ground – Fortune #50 – 650 employees
- PepsiCo – North American bottling plant – 650 employees
- DC Logistics – Third party logistics – 75 employees
- Pep Boys – Distribution center – 50 employees
- Blue Bell Creameries - Distribution center – 20 employees
Connectivity & Transportation
The Union Pacific Railroad, the largest railroad system in North America covering 23 states, has a 24/7 intermodal right here in Mesquite. Just 35-minutes from Mesquite’s Intermodal is DFW International Airport, providing convenient cargo services from the 4th largest metro area in the United States, and is classified as U.S. Foreign Trade Zone No. 39.
- Eastfield College partners with Mesquite manufacturers to provide flexible, customized workforce training skills grants, certifications and associate degree programs that advance manufacturing operations and production capacity.
- Eastfield also provides core engineering courses and seamless university partnerships with University of North Texas, Texas A&M University Commerce/College Station and University of Texas at Dallas.
- Our high school graduates are work-ready due to a Mesquite ISD Career Technology Education curriculum that includes engineering, design, technology and research experience for students.
Mesquite’s continuum of logistics and supply chain workforce talent is fueled by education-industry partnerships that define, develop and deliver the employees that industry needs for growth and expansion. From industry-recognized certifications that students can complete while still in high school to advanced university degrees, Mesquite’s partners provide logistics-based firms with a solid workforce to be globally competitive and sustainable for the long haul.